WORKSHOPS WITH ARTISTS: MELANIE WILSON
Wed 16 Oct
Artist Melanie Wilson (Landscape II) leads a participatory workshop entitled The use of images as a source for devising.
In groups of 3 participants select an image from a selection provided by Melanie. They will take this image away to prepare an idea for:
- A piece of writing
- A performance sketch, inspired by the image, which might include text, or no text, or movement or particular presentation decided by the author.
Images will include:
- Images from Landscape II
- Political images
- Images of women from other countries
- Images of modern women
- Images of women from the past
- Images from the modern world
Text for performance will include the following themes:
- Presenting interior thought
- Describing consciousness on stage
- The diary/essay as a form
- In conjunction with this, the participants will think about writing that engages with themes of
- Imagining other’s experiences
- Personal freedom
Wed 16 Oct
- £5 Full & Concession (Add a ticket Landscape II for £10 total) Free for UoE students.